Ceiling roses were normally used in the center of ceilings to give an attractive and neat finishing to all light fittings. Decorative ceiling roses are very popular again and are now used in several new shapes but still you can find the original ceiling rose designs used in old homes. In many buildings, if there may not have been a ceiling rose. No needs to worry because it is quite affordable and easy to add a ceiling rose as well as replace a damaged or unattractive one. Here are some helpful tips on how to choose a ceiling rose.
Choosing the appropriate size:
- There is no correct or incorrect size for a ceiling rose but the right proportions are important for both room size and ceiling height. The height of the ceiling is as important as the entire size of the room.
- Small and plain ceiling rode is better for low ceiling homes.
- Whereas buildings with high ceilings can take bigger or more decorative ceiling roses. The furniture style and other decor in the room are also good to consider prior to buying a ceiling rose.
- For a delicate furniture lounge a delicate and modest size rose is better, but for a center room with heavy oak furniture, a larger and more attractive ceiling rose is better.
- The other general rule is that the rose mustn’t overcome the light itself for example the diameter of the rose shouldn’t be much greater that the diameter of the chandelier.
CorniceDesigns is proud to be at the forefront of a great revival of the old age artwork of ornamental plaster design. Cornice Designs is serving the building industry with the broadest collection of decorative plaster mouldings and Ceiling Roses by CorniceDesigns in every style. They continue to develop new products to fulfill emerging market needs. Whether you are a homeowner, an interior designer, a developer, a designer, or an architect, you will surely find here the quality and the price expected for your special project.
Visit Cornicedesigns.co.uk online products gallery where you can find a broad selection of cornice mouldings, friezes, ceiling medallions and domes, ceiling tiles and ornaments, panel mouldings, brackets and many more made with high quality plaster decorative elements.